Terms & Conditions for Sale
- The order for sale of a motor vehicle by us (“TBIFLtd T/a justEVs.com”) at the agreed price (“the Total Rental Price”) and any allowance in respect of a used motor vehicle offered by you (“the Customer”) incorporates the following clauses and only becomes binding after being accepted by justEVs.com.
- The order (except where varied by an agreement between the parties which is recorded in writing and signed by an authorised representative of justEVs.com) shall constitute the entire contract between the parties. justEVs.com legal duty is to provide the Goods as described on the face of the order form (“the Goods”) to the terms of the contract.
- No person who is not a party to the contract may in its own right enforce any terms of the contract provided that this clause shall not affect any right of action of any person to whom this contract Is lawfully assigned.
- justEVs.com will use its best endeavours to secure a delivery date or dates, but shall be under no liability whatsoever for loss occasioned by delay in delivery arising out of any cause beyond the control of justEVs.com.
- The Goods may be delivered by justEVs.com or its agent In advance of the estimated delivery date upon giving 14 days prior notice to the Customer.
- If the Goods are not delivered within three calendar months of the estimated delivery date (if any) the Customer or justEVs.com may elect by notice in writing to the other party to cancel this contract Upon such cancellation the Customer’s deposit shall be returned and justEVs.com shall be under no further liability to the Customer. In the event that no estimated delivery date Is given, justEVs.com will deliver the Goods within 1 month of the Goods being made available to it
- Delivery shall be deemed to have been made on the date that the Goods are made available for collection by the Customer and justEVs.com has given notice to the Customer that the Goods ate ready for collection. The Goods will be physically delivered by justEVs.com to the Customer only where agreed by justEVs.com and at the Customer’s cost.
- com may at any time cancel the contract if the manufacturer ceases to make the Goods or if the manufacturer ceases to supply the Goods to the UK market. lf justEVs.com is unable to supply any option or accessory, whether factory fitted or otherwise. justEVs.com may at its discretion either substitute a reasonable equivalent or delete the option or accessory from the contract. lf any accessory is deleted the purchase price shall be adjusted by the price thereof. The Inability of justEVs.com to supply an option or accessory shall not constitute a breach of contract or entitle the Customer to reject the Goods.
3. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- The Customer shall not be permitted to collect and take away the Goods until the Total Retail Price of the Goods as stated overleaf has been discharged in full (without set-off or counterclaim) unless this condition has been expressly excluded in writing by an authorised representative of justEVs.com. Time of payment shall be of the essence.
- If the Total Retail Price any part of the price for the Goods Is to be paid by cheque whether bank or building society then prior notice of such payment shall be made to justEVs.com and the cheque must be paid to justEVs.com at least five banking days in advance of the estimated delivery date. A cheque given in payment or part payment shall not be treated as a discharge until the same has been cleared.
- If the Total Retail Price or any part of the price for the Goods Is to be paid by cash (the maximum amount of a cash payment that is permissible being £5,000 In value) or bankers draft then such payment or part payment may be made on the day of collection (subject to justEVs.com being Given an opportunity to confirm the validity of such draft) provided that the Goods shall be collected within 14 days of delivery.
- Not withstanding the provisions of this contract the Customer may, within 7 days of receipt of notification that the Goods are ready for delivery arrange for a finance company to purchase the Goods from justEVs.com at the price payable hereunder. justEVs.com shall not release the Goods until the Total Retail Price has been discharged in full, including receipt of cleared funds from the said finance company.
4. FAILURE TO COLLECT GOODS
If the Customer shall fail to collect and/or pay for the Goods within 14 days of delivery (as provided for in clause 2(d)) then justEVs.com may at its option either store the Goods at the Customer’s cost or, upon giving the Customer 7 days’ notice of its intention to do so, elect to treat the contract as repudiated by the Customer and thereupon any sums paid by the Customer shall be returned less a sum equivalent to a reasonable administration fee, any damages, loss or expenses which justEVs.com may have suffered or Incurred by reason of the Customer’s default (Including as a result of selling such vehicle at a lower value) and/or storage costs and justEVs.com shall be under no further liability to the Customer. justEVs.com may, at Its option following such repudiation elect to return any part-exchange vehicle or to retain it at any agreed trade-in price (in which case the agreed trade-in price shall be treated as part of the sums paid for the purpose of this clause).
5. PART EXCHANGE
In the event that justEVs.com agrees to accept a used motor vehicle from the Customer as partial payment of the Total Retail Price(“Allowance”) such agreement shall be subject to any warranties and/or declarations made on the face of the order or purchase Invoice in addition to the following conditions:
- if any encumbrances or Interests are capable of cash settlement justEVs.com may elect to discharge such interests and deduct expenditure from the exchange value offered;
- the used motor vehicle will be delivered in the same condition as at the date it was examined by justEVs.com (fair wear and tear excepted);
- the used motor vehicle shall be delivered to justEVs.com upon collection of the Goods together with all spare key sets, spare alarm remotes, registration documents, service documentation, MOT certificate, service invoices, warranty documentation and all other appropriate documentation and with the registration book completed and for the avoidance of doubt the Customer shall not be permitted to collect the Goods until the used motor vehicle shall have been delivered to justEVs.com;
- title to the used motor vehicle shall pass absolutely on delivery to justEVs.com
- the exchange value quoted by justEVs.com shall be binding on justEVs.com for one calendar month from the date of the order, unless a different period is stipulated in the order. If the exchange value Is no longer binding on justEVs.com when the Goods are ready for delivery, justEVs.com will give a current figure for the value of such part exchange, at which point the Customer will have the option to accept the revised part exchange value or not to part-exchange such used motor vehicle, provided always that the Customer shall still be obliged to purchase the Goods:
- in the event that any of the warranties or declarations provided in respect of the used motor vehicle prove to be untrue or there is a breach of trust (b), justEVs.com shall be entitled to revise the Allowance to take account of such breach and where there is a reduction In the Allowance the Customer shall be liable to pay the difference between the original and reduced Allowances to ensure payment of the Total Retell Price of the Goods in accordance with clause 3 of these terms and conditions.
6. CHERISHED NUMBER PLATE
Where the Goods have a personalised or cherished number plate, unless stated on the face of the order, the Customer shall not be entitled to assume that such number plate is available with the Goods and the Customer will provide all reasonable assistance to justEVs.com to facilitate transfer of the registration.
7. NEW GOODS/USED GOODS
- Where the Goods to be supplied by justEVs.com are new, then the following additional conditions shall apply:
- the Customer shall be bound to pay any amount of car tax and value added tax or other tax or duty that justEVs.com has legally become bound to pay, notwithstanding any amount specified on the order form;
- the delivery of the Goods shall be subject to any terms and conditions of the manufacturer/concessionaire regarding the supply or resale of the Goods by justEVs.com (which are available at justEVs.com premises for Inspection) and justEVs.com shall not be liable for any failure of delay caused by or resulting from justEVs.com compliance with such terms and conditions.
- If before delivery of the Goods the manufacturer/concessionaires recommended retail price for the Goods shall be increased justEVs.com may give notice (“Notice”) of its Intention to pass on to the Customer such increase, upon receipt of such Notice the Customer shall be entitled by notice in writing to justEVs.com to cancel the contract within 21 days of the date of the Notice. Upon such cancellation any deposit paid by the Customer shall be returned and justEVs.com shell be under no further liability to the Customer. If no notice Is received by justEVs.com from the Customer within such period then the Customer shall be bound to purchase the Goods at the increased price;
- ln the event that the manufacturer is unable to accept the order for the Goods then justEVs.com may, by notice in writing to the Customer cancel the contract. Upon such cancellation any deposit paid by the Customer shall be returned and justEVs.com shall be under no further liability to the Customer.
- In the event that the Goods were not originally supplied via the manufacturer’s official distributor for the United Kingdom the Customer accepts that the specification may vary from the British specification.
8. WARRANTY & SERVICE PLAN
- justEVs.com shall use all reasonable endeavour’s to pass the benefit of any manufacturer’s warranty on to the Customer. In the case of a new vehicle, the Goods shall be warranted by the manufacturer to be free from defects in materials and workmanship on manufacture and justEVs.com shall repair any faults which arise in accordance with such warranty for at least one year from the date of first registration with no mileage limitation. Any parts which require replacement during the period of the manufacturer’s warranty as a result of wear and tear (for example but without limitation, the brake pads) are excluded from the warranty. The manufacturer’s warranty is not affected by any change of ownership of the Goods. Remedial work under such warranty may be carried out by any dealer approved by the relevant manufacturer (“a Dealer”) at whose sole option any defective parts will be repaired or replaced. Any part replaced under the manufacturer’s warranty Is warranted to be free from defects in parts and materials until expiry of the original vehicle warranty. The manufacturer’s warranty does not apply if and to the extent that the defect is caused or worsened by one of the following circumstances:
- after discovering the defect the Customer has failed either to inform justEVs.com or to have the defect examined by a Deafer without reasonable delay;
- has failed to give a Dealer the option to repair the Goods without reasonable delay;
- the Goods° ‘ any part thereof have been subject to misuse, negligence, or accident or use for racing or similar sports;
- if the Goods have been repaired or maintained and that repair or maintenance has not been carried out by or through a Dealer and or to the manufacturer’s recommendations;
- parts have been installed into the Goods the use of which have not been approved by the manufacturer or if the Goods have been altered or modified in a manner not approved by the manufacturer;
- instructions concerning the treatment, maintenance and care of the Goods have not been adhered to.
- In the case of the Goods being a second-hand vehicle, justEVs.com Shall transfer to the Customer the unexpired portion of the manufacturer’s warranty (if any) together with any used car warranty made available with respect to the Goods as stated on the front of the order. The Customer acknowledges that in the case of the Goods being a second-hand vehicle the Goods will be sold subject to such wear and tear as is reasonable for a vehicle of its age, type, usage and mileage: and subject to paintwork and/or bodywork repairs that may have been carried out to it.
Where a service plan has been included or sold the service plan will Terminate after 1,3 or 5 services have been completed depending on the number of services scheduled. Services must be pre-booked at least 1 month in advance by calling customer service on 0800 773 4400. The Service plans are NOT transferable to subsequent owners of the vehicles without the written consent of justEVs.com in advance of any transaction. Generally Service Plans are not transferable. Consumable items are not included in any service plan.
9. EXAMINATION OF GOODS AND RELIANCE
- Prior to signing the order form the Customer shall examine the Goods to be purchased (if such are available for inspection) and the Customer is reminded that the condition of satisfactory quality implied by legislation does not operate In relation to such defects which such an examination ought to reveal. If the Goods are sold subject to defects and have been notified by justEVs.com to the Customer before the signing of the contract, the condition of satisfactory quality referred to above does not operate In relation to those defects.
- The Customer confirms that it has satisfied itself as to the suitability of the Goods for its requirements and has not relied upon justEVs.com skill or knowledge regarding the Goods’ fitness for any particular purpose or use.
Without prejudice to the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty, where any valid claim in respect of the Goods Which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods based on materials or workmanship or their failure to meet the specification is notified to justEVs.com shall be entitled at its sole discretion either to replace or repair the Goods (or the part in question) free of charge or to refund to the Customer the price of the Goods (or a proportion part of the price), but justEVs.com shall have no further liability to the Customer. justEVs.com will not be liable where any defect results from or is worsened by wear and tear or any of the circumstances described at clauses 8(aXi) to 8(a)(vi) inclusive.
11. SALE TO INTERMEDIARIES OR THIRD PARTIES
The Customer confirms that It Is not purchasing the Goods as an Intermediary or reseller unless specifically agreed by justEVs.com to the contrary. justEVs.com may, at Its discretion refuse to change the Customer’s details or identity on the order or register the Goods to anybody other than the Customer.
12. RETENTION OF TITLE
- Notwithstanding delivery, collection and/or the passing of risk in the Goods, or any other provision of these terms and conditions, the property in the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until the Total Retail Price has been discharged In full and, in the case of a payment by cheque, the cheque has been cleared.
- Until such time as the property in the Goods passes to the Customer, the Customer shall keep the Goods property stored, protected and insured and Identified as justEVs.com property. Further, justEVs.com shall be entitled at any time to require the Customer to deliver up the Goods to justEVs.com and if the Customer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of the Customer or any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods.
- The Customer shall not be entitled to sell, pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any Goods which remain the property of justEVs.com, but if the Customer does so all monies owing by the Customer to justEVs.com shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy of justEVs.com) forthwith, become due end payable.
Except as provided by law, or under clauses 2(c), 7(a)(iii) or 14 of these terms and conditions, no order which has been accepted by justEVs.com may be cancelled by the Customer except with the agreement In writing of justEVs.com and on terms that the Customer’s deposit shall be forfeit and further that the Customer shall indemnify justEVs.com in full against au loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used), damages, charges and expenses Incurred by justEVs.com as a result of cancellation.
14. DISTANCE AND OFF PREMISES CONTRACTS
- In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if the Customer as a private consumer has entered into this contract (1) prior lo a face-to-face meeting with justEVs.com or (2) after placing an order during the simultaneous physical presence of the Customer and justEVs.com at a place which is not justEVs.com premises or (3) by • distance communication immediately after the Customer was addressed during the simultaneous physical presence of the Customer and justEVs.com at a place which is not justEVs.com premises then the Customer may cancel the contract without giving any reason up to 14 days after the day upon which the Customer (or anyone on the Customer’s behalf) takes possession of the Goods.
- In order to exercise the right to cancel the Customer must provide justEVs.com with a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email). The Customer may cancel the contract by using the model cancellation form provided with these terms and conditions below but is not obliged to do so. The statement should be sent to justEVs.com using the contact details contained within The order form. To meet the cancellation deadline It is sufficient for the Customer to send the communication concerning the exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- On cancellation justEVs.com shall reimburse to the Customer all payments received from the Customer including any delivery costs (unless the Customer expressly chose a method of delivery more expensive than the least expensive option In which case the Customer will be reimbursed the value of the least expensive delivery method).
- Subject to clause 14(e) below on cancellation the Customer shall return the Goods to justEVs.com without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which the Customer advises justEVs.com of the cancellation at the Customer’s cost The cost of returning the goods to justEVs.com will be dependent upon distance and is likely to be a minimum of £100. If the Customer fails to deliver the Goods to justEVs.com may make a charge for its direct costs of recovering the Goods from the Customer and justEVs.com may deduct this charge from any sum that justEVs.com must reimburse to the Customer.
- In the event the Customer entered into this contract after placing an order during the simultaneous physical presence of the Customer and justEVs.com at a place which is not justEVs.com premises and where justEVs.com has delivered the Goods to the Customer, justEVs.com shall arrange for the Goods to be collected at its own expense.
- justEVs.com will reimburse the Customer using the same means of payment as the Customer used (unless otherwise agreed) without undue delay and in any event within 1″ days after justEVs.com received the Goods back or, if earlier, 14 days after the day on which the Customer provides evidence that the Goods have been sent back.
- On cancellation any related credit agreement or other ancillary contract will be cancelled. If the cancelled contract involved a part· exchange justEVs.com will return the part-exchange or pay the agreed part-exchange value to the Customer at justEVs.com discretion.
- If the value of the Goods is diminished because of the Customer handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods, justEVs.com may recover that amount from the Customer and justEVs.com can deduct this amount from the amount of the reimbursement provided for under clause 14(c) of these Terms and Conditions. justEVs.com will normally view any alteration, modification or personalisation of the Goods or driving for in excess of 100 miles as going beyond what is necessary to establish to nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods.
- If the Goods are made to the Customer’s specifications or clearly personalised then the Customer does not have the right to cancel the contract
15. DEFECTIVE GOODS
Without prejudice to clause 8 above any claim by the Customer which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods on delivery or their failure to correspond with specification shall (whether or not delivery is refused by the Customer) be notified to justEVs.com within 14 days from the date of collection of the Goods or the date of refusal of delivery as the case may be Of (where the defect or failure Is not apparent upon reasonable inspection) within a reasonable time after the discovery of the defect or failure. If delivery is not refused, and the Customer does not notify justEVs.com as above the Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods.
Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by justEVs.com negligence, or any loss caused by the fraud of justEVs.com shall not be liable to the Customer by reason of any representation, or any implied warranty, condition other terms, or any duty at common law under the express terms of this contract, for:
- any loss or damage Incurred by the Customer 85 a result of third party claims.;
- loss of actual or anticipated profits;
- loss of business opportunity;
- loss of anticipated savings:
- loss of goodwill;
- injury to reputation;
- any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused even if justEVs.com was advised of the possibility of them in advance; or
- any direct or indirect loss or disappointment caused by the cancellation of the contract which arise out of or in connection with the supply of the Goods or their resale by the Customer, except as expressly provided In these terms and conditions.
Nothing in this clause shall operate to restrict or exclude justEVs.com liability or limit the Customer’s rights in any way that cannot be restricted, excluded or limited by law.
ln the event that:
- the Customer is a company and makes any voluntary arrangement with its creditors or becomes subject to an administration order or has an administrative receiver appointed or goes into Insolvent liquidation; or
- the Customer is a partnership and becomes wound-up or a receiver is appointed or if It enters into an Individual voluntary arrangement: or
- the Customer is an individual and enters into an arrangement, compromise or composition in satisfaction of debts with his creditors or a bankruptcy; or
- lf justEVs.com reasonably apprehends that any of the events mentioned above ls about to occur in relation to the Customer or that the Customer will be unable to meets its financial obligations In respect of this agreement or
- if the Customer is in material breach of any obligations under the contract (including but not limited to clause 11) then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to justEVs.com shall be entitled to cancel this contract or suspend delivery under this contract and forfeit any deposit paid by the Customer without any liability to the Customer, and if the Goods shall have been delivered but not paid for the price shall become Immediately due and payable notwithstanding any previous agreement or arrangement to the contrary.
The Customer shall be deemed to be personally liable for the contract even though he shall hold himself out as acting as agent for a principal and despite him having purported to sign the order form overleaf in a representative capacity so that their liability shall be joint and several. The Customer warrants that he has the authority to bind the principal to the contract as agent on Its behalf.
justEVs.com shall keep and use any data relating to the Customer in accordance with the provisions of an relevant data protection legislation and the Customer consents to such data being kept and used for appropriate purposes, including informing the Customer of any offers or other matters of interest from time to time.
Any notice that is given hereunder may be given in writing, by electronic mail or communicated verbally. Notices in writing shall be posted or faxed to the residence or place of business of the person to whom it is addressed and shall be deemed to have been received, in the case of facsimile Of electronic mail on the day of transmission and in the case of notice given by post, within two days of posting.
Any waiver by justEVs.com or the Customer of any breach of contract by the other shall be in writing and shall not be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or of any other provision. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the conditions shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all of them.
20. INVALIDITY OF THESE TERMS
If any provisions of these terms end conditions is held by any competent authority to be Invalid or unenforceable In whole or in part the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby. As far as it is possible to do so any clause that Is in whole or in part invalid or unenforceable shall be Interpreted with the minimum possible amendment so that the clause or part thereof Is found to be valid and/or enforceable and gives effect as far as possible to the previously expressed intention of the clause.
21. APPLICABLE LAW
This contract shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.